Topic: Ability to edit ID3 tags

I often find myself returning to iTunes briefly to edit incorrect music tags just so I can return to Cog to play it. I think a great feature for Cog would be the ability to edit the ID3 tags in the program.

Re: Ability to edit ID3 tags

This has been discussed and will likely make its way into Cog at some point in the future.

That's fantastic news. I hope it's the near future. smile

Add my "me too" to this feature request.

So any updates on this front?

Last edited by remain (2008-02-26 15:11:34)

Nope, no updates.

Last edited by remain (2008-02-26 15:33:14)

Another vote for tag editing.

When you are importing and playing new music, and see that there are some tags missing, it is the perfect time to edit/fix the tags.

I also use Musorg and think its the best way to, currently, edit ID3 tags in OS X.  The only complaint I have about it is the fact that it doesn't display the Year field unless you go into the tag editor itself.

Bump for this. I debate highly to myself if I want to use cog or not. I like cog but not being able to edit id3 tags is very sad. It seems there is no decent tag editing software on the mac. Musorg I have tried but you can't even view the bit rate (something cog does not do either unless you click info) I currently Auto Tag with Winamp on my PC, or Use Mp3tagtools which is great. But moving tons of music around is a pain. Specially when I am copying music from old records that I have to tag everything. So horrifying its not even funny. Mac doesn't even support.

Another vote! Uh, I know I've already voted before but hey, it's the season. It is now my #1 request. Play does do it but I can't stand Play (do love Max up to a point).

here is another vote.

i really miss this feature and am actually thinking of stop using cog (which i love) explicitly because of this extremly small but hugely annoying missing feature. sad

pretty please?... with sugar on top... roll

some good news maybe... i've started working on this feature but as i am learning objc&cocoa as i go along, it may take some time until it's ready... still i'll try to make it as soon as possible smile

Sweet. A lot of people will be really happy

Kickass.

What type of window do you think you'll be using?

A standard window or a floating window (a.k.a. an inspector)?

I wonder which would be better and more flexible...

A floating window (inspector) can generally only be opened once though...

I'm thinking about a standard window, but that can be opened more than once for different songs, so that you can open a window for 2 or more songs, such that you can compare.

But iTunes' Previous/Next buttons are nice too... You can't really have both, since you could end up with 2 windows with the same song in it.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

note: As usual, I may be overanalyzing.

I must admit, that I really likes iTunes way of doing this. I can skip around and I can change several at the same time. The latter is very important. Changing albm artist 15 times is really annoying.

well for the moment i'm thinking of something simple smile

that would rock smile go safari go! smile
foobar2000 way of editing tags seems simple and functional (just need to watch out for trying to save tracks currently playing big_smile )

another vote for id3 v1 and 2 editing... flac tags and vorbis tags would be miraculous!