Topic: Managing / Handling Column width

Hi,

i am using Nightly Builds on 10.5

In the daily "workflow / usage" with Cog i do resize the window-size really often.
Basicly to see more content of a single column i.e.: Album or Title or Filename .....

Cog offers the option to define which column are displayed and which not, this is great so far but it really would help if there would be an option to define a size-value for single columns i.e. using a percentage-value.

Conclusion:
* At the moment a "window-resize" by the user does not change the size of a column with content automaticly.
* Option in preferences or similar to auto-resize or even define a percentage value for a column size would be helpful.

Like always....lets see what you think (maybe i am the only one working like that regarding the column-width)

best regards
fidel

Re: Managing / Handling Column width

I agree that it isn't perfect.

While it is nice to avoid the horizontal scroller, it is far less easy to predict, what happens, when the size is changed/width of the columns.

I don't really see an easy way to do it, without the horisontal scroll bar. But I'll just throw in a few ideas:

#1:
#/time/year/track/year (and maybe others) have a mostly fixed width. It is a bit annoying, when you have wide year column, but can't see the whole name of the tack.

#2:
It is annoying to have to change the size of several columns, if I want to see the end of one. For instance a very long title will give problems, because, when I pull the width I hit a barrier at one point. Then I have to either increase the width of the window or reduce the size of other columns.

#3:When #2 is done, then you have to reverse it to get back to your normal view.

My 3 cent

yeah a horizontal scrollbar would be ugly.

but i still think working with optional percentage values for some columns would make sense.
for some other columns a fix size would be great as you mentioned already.

lets see what other ideas come around in this thread

guess you misunderstood me. I totally agree that horizontalfree solution is the way to go big_smile

Thanks for the link to remain's thread.
Best regards
fidel