Topic: Increase/Decrease Text Size of Playlist

Re: Increase/Decrease Text Size of Playlist

Interesting idea. I've always been struggling with the "Let's make fonts small!" thing, but this seems like a good compromise. Next people will want to change the font-size for the file-drawer too! Sheesh!

I've implemented increasing and decreasing the font size of the playlist as outlined here today (it is in SVN now). It seems to be working rather nicely, but there might be hidden issues.

On the topic of the file drawer, I'm afraid it would become quite useless very fast with increasing the font size much. I haven't tried it, but the little space available will make it a nightmare to navigate, atleast with the current size. I'm not quite sure how the FileDrawer code works, as I haven't really looked at it. If it can be resized, maybe resizing it with the font size increase would be one way to go.

I have not tried this stuff with any foreign character sets like Japanese, so if anyone feels up to it, I'd be glad to hear how it works out.

Last edited by areff (2008-02-15 08:19:57)

Update:

Added the behaviour so that the File Drawer font increases with the playlist font. If you resize the file drawer a little, increasing the font size isn't half bad. I imagine these things might be welcome with people who might not see very well. I myself quite enjoy chilling out in bed, playing some music, and still being able to read my playlist on the computer across the room.

Feedback on this is welcome, not really sure what behaviour would be the Optimal one.

Can't wait to try it. smile

I occasionally listen to Chinese or Japanese songs, so this is a welcome addition. (Sure, I can only recognize about 1 out of 10 characters, but it helps for that 1 char. ;p )

First impression:
works like a charme.

In my case this is a great advantage, as i can display more informations on the same amount of space (so using decreasing here).

Havent realized any real problem so far. Looks stable if i can say that after 30 min of using this release big_smile

Edit: just checked the increase/decrease behaviour with some asian-font....works quite similar.

Last edited by fidel (2008-02-16 00:38:09)

Last edited by Fuga (2008-02-16 07:57:39)