Topic: audio files are not visible in the list

Last edited by teckoda (2007-12-29 08:01:47)

Re: audio files are not visible in the list

I've gotten another report of this. Very very strange. Delete the  preferences files in ~/Library/Preferences/, both com.vspader.cog.plist and org.cogx.cog.plist, and things should work again.

That happened to me this morning.. No idea why, I didn't change anything.

I have switched back to 0.6 for the time being.. strange indeed.

Deleting the preferences does not fix the problem?

Likely it's a conflict with the removable columns code and Leopard. Leopard added support for removable columns, and I think the old code may be conflicting.

I had this problem, too. I believe that the issue may be related to me sorting and dragging columns. I was sorting on 'Track' when this occurred.

Deleting preferences did the trick.

OS X Leopard
Macbook Pro

Thanks! I'll try to reproduce it by doing that.

Yeah deleting the preference files did the trick alright.

Hello new here & also a new MAC & OSX Leopard user.
I was really loving COG for FLAC & SHN playback but started having the exact problem as described here yesterday.
I tried deleting the preference files described above as a fix but could not find them.

Can someone help me figure this out, with the approach that I am a total beginner dimwit?
thanks!!

Were you able to locate the preferences directory? ~/Library/Preferences? The ~ means your home directory.

You open a new finder window, go to Library, then go to Preferences, and look for those two files (com.vspader.cog.plist and org.cogx.cog.plist) and drag them to the trash. The .plist extension may be hidden, depending on how things are configured, so if you see just com.vspader.cog and org.cogx.cog, delete those too.

Does that help? Also, running Terminal and copying/pasting in the following should work:

rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.vspader.cog.plist ~/Library/Preferences/org.cogx.cog.plist

thanks I did locate my preferences folder in the finder, but could not find those files, I even did a search for them.
I will try again, thank you for your help!

I had the same issue and was able to fix it by deleting ~/Library/Preferences/org.cogx.cog.plist (the other file wasn't present).

I was sorting by Title as well.