Re: 0.08 Icons/Images - Help Wanted!

Last edited by remain (2008-03-17 17:09:17)

The icons should probably be whatever the standard toolbar size is. I don't know off hand, and I can't check right now. In any case, it would be preferred if they were scalable (The final format being pdf)

Last edited by OKboy (2008-03-17 17:53:39)

Some feedback:

-Looks fairly good.

-A bit on the small side though. I think they should be a tad bigger.

-Also, a bit rough around the edges (literally).

-Yeah, the circle should be more... circly. ;p

-lmao @ boob repeat mode XD

Last edited by OKboy (2008-03-18 08:44:36)

About the "skip to next" and "skip to previous" buttons: they appear not well defined, the black arrows appear as blurred. Could someone make them more focused and with less (or lighter) antialias?
The same for the order of reproduction: I would prefer some real grey between the bars, not some grey caused by antialias. On other words, the icon should be perfectly transparent between the bars, in order to show the background grey. Make them thinner if needed, but I don't find them pleasant at all as they are now.

r879.

Last edited by olafmarzocchi (2008-03-25 10:12:10)

Because Mac OS X is also about integration. Those icons are everything except integrated in the Aqua UI.

A good idea for a shuffle and repeat icons could be the Amarok's ones, that is the best open source player. Take a look wink

Slick. I like.

Is it 512x512 too?

The PSD is 512x512, but I'm too lazy to upgrade my IconBuilder.

Last edited by jampe (2008-09-04 07:38:28)

I don't like this icon at all... moreover, what has Cog to do with the gear of a bicycle or bike???
Such gears are more suited to Preferences, as long as they are power-gears, such as from car transmission.

alha.........co.uk gives me a hard time. Wants me to make exceptions for stuff... Which I wont do for something I don't know about. Is my computer acting up?

Last edited by zx81 (2008-10-23 15:18:50)

I like it.

And agree with remain on the volume thing!

I like it! I was working on a set using the Silk icons but they don't really fit the Cog "feel".

I do agree with remain on the Repeat Off and Volume points but I think that the full circle repeat all makes a nice distinction for itself. The other two repeats are "limited" repeats and don't really deserve a full circle. Also, Shuffle and Regular play aren't as instantly recognizable as they could be. For a while, I thought that regular play was the file drawer button tongue

Last edited by jampe (2008-11-26 14:52:08)