Re: Mini-player Window

Very pretty, but I'd rather the buttons be the same as the main window.
What's the deal with the drop down box in the last one? Do you envision it letting the user select between artist, album, song title, etc?

I hate skins.
Still, I've been thinking of a way to support interface plugins. It's possible. I did a little work for the lamip project on this getting the basic stuff up and running where it'd pick the interface plugin to load on startup. It's definitely a down-the-road thing though.

In the same vein as the skins thing, I've been really thinking about the fullscreen mode that a few people have been requesting. It stands to reason that many people are going to have many different ideas when it comes to the look of a mini- and a fullscreen player. Maybe we should consider designing them to be skinned interfaces from the get-go, even if the skin selection/generation tools aren't in place until .08 or later. At least then we won't be faced with redesigning the whole shebang again in a year.

I was asking for a mini player for Play as well

any news regarding the mini-player ? smile

Try pressing the show/hide toolbar button on the latest nightly.

Bah, why wasn't my sparkle prefs set to nightlies! My first reaction was "Ohhhh sexxy".

A couple of ideas though: It might be good to play with the button spacing a bit. The default static spaces, like the one between the prev/play/next buttons and the volume button, could easily be traded for the dotted separators without making the bar feel crowded. Maybe even set up the repeat/shuffle and info/files buttons as groups in the same fashion as the prev/play/next to save a little more space, after all they are related too no? Are all the icons going to be beveled like the volume icon or flat black like the play icon?

Once again. colur me khaki, but where do I find the show/hide toolbar in the lates nightly?

vspader & remain: thx for this hint. first impression is....great big_smile

It works very well. Seamless integration with the rest of the app, and not some menuitem stored away somewhere.

I like it

Sorry to inform you, but cog is presently not being develop. The original main developer don't have time, and whlie tje app is open source, no one has picked up from vspader.

I hope you enjoy what is here.

That really is a shame because the more I play with it the more I like it.

I will certainly keep an eye on it to see what happens.

Thanks for letting me know.

Windows Media Player has an interesting option that will let you open files in the Mini Player mode instead of the full player window.