Topic: New User Interface

Last edited by kal (2013-01-30 05:00:19)

Re: New User Interface

Last edited by kal (2013-01-31 05:09:03)

Thanks for your reply arghwhymustiregister.

As you can see: different people, different opinions. I tried foobar way back, but to me it tried to do too much (under the hood). Kind of what iTunes does now. The image you attached looks like foobar is a nice little player, but we both now that there is a lot more underneath it wink

What I meant with Winamp as inspiration was not so much how it looked, but more its simplicity. Cog reminded me of Winamp, funny that it reminds you of foobar smile

Don't forget Decibel by the way, which in appearance and functionality resembles Cog quite a lot.

As noted in my previous post, dpromsky was looking into the option of coexisting versions.
Unfortunately there isn't that much activity on this forum to really get an idea of what people would really prefer.
That makes it that much harder to make real decisions, proceed with ideas such as this one and really reanimate a fantastic app that Cog really is.

Let's give it some more days here and see if at least a couple of other people chime in with ideas. Then I'll contact dpromsky and talk about how to proceed and if to proceed at all.

As with the dock icons, I like it how it has been for awhile now, and am not keen to see it change. I don't know if it could be optional. Fortunately I don't encounter many problems with the 2000 build (before the icon change!), so I can probably just stick with it, but it would be nice to be able to keep up with the fixes and keep the old look. Still nice to see Cog being worked on tho.

Arrr, I love this discussion smile I was very busy lately, but I will write a detailed reply soon.

So was i. Resuming working on Cog now.
Want to do some fixes first, then hopefully we'll be able to try doing a new interface based on suggestions here.

Let me know whenever you're ready smile

Last edited by kal (2013-11-24 03:33:23)