Topic: 0.07 Playlist Problems (READ THIS if you're using 0.07!)

Last edited by remain (2009-03-02 23:01:15)

Re: 0.07 Playlist Problems (READ THIS if you're using 0.07!)

...and if I'm correct the nature of the problem is that the playlist appears blank to the point that even the column labels appear blank (e.g. album, artist, etc.). 

I had this problem and set my preferences to update to the nightly build, as 0.08 sounded tempting.  Oddly, though, it didn't fix the problem. 

I removed the Default.m3u playlist in ~/Library/Application Support/Cog/ to no avail. 

So finally I completely wiped the program out a la AppZapper (which included wiping ~/Library/Preferences/org.cogx.cog.plist-- which probably would have made 0.08 behave had I wiped it out before updating).  Then I installed with the above link, set prefs back to nightlies and now 0.08 is behaving again. 

I guess the moral of the story is to share that I think complete removal and new installation is probably preferable to updating, but I didn't really test that theory from every angle. 

BTW, AppTrap/AppCleaner are relatively well received freeware alternatives to $12 AppZapper.

Hi,
I think I am experiencing this problem...Just last week everything worked fine, but today I tried to open Cog from my external hard-drive (which i always do) and the window opens up completely blank where the songs are normally listed. However, the "duration" on the bottom shows "805:48" leading me to believe the songs are not removed from Cog, but they just are not appearing. Also, I can hit the "Next Track" button and a song starts playing, and I can continue to shuffle through only playing songs with that method.

Any help?
I'm fairly new to this.
Thanks

PS: it is version .07

Last edited by 2ndSecond (2009-03-02 21:29:31)

yeah it should do.

Thanks, it worked.

Actually, it did for about 30 minutes. Now all the ID tags are messed up (i.e. many songs no longer show a name in the Artists column where they once were, and these songs cannot be played). Any advice?:/

Just the artists column? Could you show a screenshot? Are you sure the files are in the same place? It sounds like Cog may not be finding the files.