Topic: My top 5 wishes [volumes, eq, now playing, columns, font sizes]

1) I'd Love Cog to support Volume Devices like iTunes (not iPods). Mounted CD's and Toast CD Audio Disk Images (.sd2f) I have stored on my hard disk many Toast disk images of my CD's which i mount in the Finder. The mounted disk images show up in iTunes.

2) I'd love and EQ like the one provided in iTunes with a PreAmp with a few more frequencies, 80, 90 hz 5,6,10,12khz. In addition well as a simple +/- 10% pitch adjustment (NOT one that retains the original length) same mechanics as an Technics SL1210mk2 turntable.

3) A little speaker icon next to the audio track currently playing like iTunes.

4) Extra column view items , Bit Rate, File size and Kind

5) Ability to change the font type and size in the draw and the main list. I find the systems Lucida Grande size 13 WAY WAY too HUGE especially for the folders in the Draw. BTW do you plan on changing the Draw to a resizable sidebar like iTunes or the Finder sidebar or Path Finder's Sidebar?

If i donate some $$ as a bounty would this motivate the developer to implement them?

I love Cog, the mechanism this app uses makes it THE NO 1 audio player for me. So happy this app has graced this platform (finally good riddance to iTunes).

Last edited by remain (2009-03-09 22:19:24)

Re: My top 5 wishes [volumes, eq, now playing, columns, font sizes]

For #1 I wonder if  symlink to /Volumes put into the ~/Music folder might not work. I have symlinked other locations; have no CDs at hand t test.

I'm pretty sure this was emailed to me and I responded, but anyways:

1) (To Fuga) Symlinks are kind of a hack, but it is a good workaround for the time-being. I'm fine with supporting multiple locations for the file drawer. Maybe a preference like "Include mounted volumes" would do the trick. It's not a 0.07 thing, but it is something.
2) Would be an effects thing for whenever effects get added.
3) I don't like blatant copying of iTunes interface, so it's not likely.
4) No problem. It would probably be post-0.07 because I'm holding off on changing the UI for the time being.
5) Might be an advanced setting. I don't understand why people want smaller fonts. I'm going to end up making a Cog-Micro edition with 1pt fonts and people wouldn't be satisfied.

Bounties don't really make me any more motivated, to be honest (Unless we're talking a MUCH larger amount than the usual Cog donation wink). Feel free to drop a couple of dollars in if you like something, but offering money isn't really going to motivate me to do something I wouldn't have done in the first place.

Hi vspader,

I did email yes, I received no reply so i decided to post.

5) As i already stated, the Lucinda Grande system font at size 13 on my so called hi res power book is massive. These fonts take up far too much space everywhere on the system ;-) sadly we took a huge step backwards with LCD displays limited with fixed native resolutions.  If my machine has a res of say 1920x1200 the font sizing would not be a problem. I have perfect vision and can read tiny font sizes which provides me far more readable data on this overly lame 1440x960 Powerbook. (if only the new 15" MBP's had a 1920x1200 hi res option like the larger sized 17" MBP-that would make me so happy). So yeah a font sizing option would be great ;-)

Thanks

Hi, does Cog have the ability to play mounted Toast "SD2F" Audio images yet?

It would be wikid Cog can use my audio images that are mounted by the Finder also would be killer to have GraceNote CDDB or Musicbrainz CD database implemented to load the disk name/track names etc.

If Cog had disc image support an a basic Equalizer like iTunes then finally Cog would satisfy everything I need for playing audio. Cog is shaping up to be a wikid app. keep it up man.