Topic: Info Inspector suggestions

The new Info Inspector is quite awesome!

Very useful, especially for those who don't have a lot of columns displayed, but who still want to sometimes see the metadata of songs.

A few suggestions and issues:

1)

It'd be nice if the window were resizable (and would remember its size).

This is mainly because often, the song info are longer than the field and you end up with text cut off in the middle.

Which brings me to the next point:

2)

If text is cut off in the middle because it is too long ("Title: Some Reall...ong Name"), there should be a tooltip when the mouse hovers over it.

3)

When cover art is missing, I feel that instead of a giant distracting question mark, there should simply be nothing.

Re: Info Inspector suggestions

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the giant ? either. I'm not sure what a good solution is. The window resizing? With nothing, there would be this giant blank space, which is weird too.

Well, mostly horizontal resizing.

Vertical resizing probably wouldn't accomplish much, except maybe for the cover art? (I don't have many songs with cover art, so I don't know if there are many sizes for cover art, or if it's a standard size that is used.)

Also,

4)

I notice that for a lot of songs, the Genre says "Blues" but it's not.

5)

When there's no Track, it should be blank instead of "No Selection"

6)

When there's no Year, it should be blank instead of "0"

7)

A Path entry (maybe under Filename).

Seeing as paths can be quite long, I think it makes sense to have it available in the Info Inspector, such that one does not have to necessarily turn on the Path column in order to see the path.

8)

Have the Info Inspector respect Increase/Decrease Font Size.

(This would most likely require the window to be resizable.)