Topic: cog wont open any files

Ive been using Cog for a year or more without trouble , and suddenly it wont open files. So for instance if I drag and drop an mp3 it wont "drop", the file doesnt queue. No sign of the file in cog window. Ive tried reinstalling. Same deal . Any help appreciated.

Re: cog wont open any files

Gee, 6 weeks and no reply? Is no one else having this problem besides gmantic and me? I've recently developed the same problem. Flac file names don't appear in the window in list form. Cog does see and play the files when you click on the next button which usually skips the 1st track. To hear it you have to skip back to it. The total time of playlist tracks appears at the bottom, the file name/song title does show in the playing box at the top and the progress slider works and the track time works.

For years, the file names appeared in the playlist window either by being selected from the file/open pulldown or when dragged and dropped from their folder. Recently and without me doing anything or changing anything Cog stopped accepting file names to the playlist window but as I said they can be played but "invisibly". I'm using OS X 10.5.8 on an intel macpro laptop and imac.

I'm making do but what happened? Anybody know?

Often deleting the preference files can fix problems.

I'm having a similar problem. I have been using Cog for about a month now. Yesterday I opened cog and it failed to display the tracks or any of their information. However the duration of the playlist is accurately displayed, and if I have multiple tracks I can skip to the second one and it will play, followed by the rest of the tracks. The play button however does not work until after you skip at least one song.

Thanks! That fixed the problem. I deleted all three items, quit and restarted Cog and file names appeared in the playlist window as they used to.