Topic: Question regarding minimized windows

Hi

i am wondering if that behaviour is planned as "it is":

If i minimize the Main-Cog-window and want to show it again it only works if i select the minimized window in dock.
It does NOT work if i select the Main-Cog-Icon in my dock.

The only thing that happens while clicking the main-icon is that Cog is the focused application, BUT without seeing the Main-Cog-window.

Maybe i am not that "clever user", but it happens quite often that my first try to show an application-window (which was minimized to dock) is clicking the main-application icon in my dock, not the  lower/or more right located minimized window's.

i hope that description was not that confuzing big_smile

Best regards
fidel

Re: Question regarding minimized windows

I believe this is proper OS X behavior. When clicking on the dock icon, it will make the application active, but will not unminimize the window for you.

well thats the only change i really dislike since 0.06, but the argument regarding building playlists is a good one.

damn, seems like i have to live with that.....

...Brain-re-init starting

best regards
fidel

Thanks, I'll look into it a little more when I get some time. They might not be the same process. I believe Finder calls openFile(s), whereas the dock icon calls a completely different delegate method, so it may be possible to fix one without it affecting the other.

Perhaps you should have read the entire thread. I haven't had time to look into this further. If this is actually incorrect behaviour, then it should definitely be fixed. Patches are welcome.

Well i have tested some Apple Applications:

i.e. Dictionary, Safari.

Both apps reopen the minimized Window if you click one of the following:

* Dock Icon
or
* Minimized window in the dock

The advantage of that double-function is quite clear for me:
--
The application icon is a way better an eye-catcher for the user then a symbol for a minimized icon of the application-window with a really small application icon

So basicaly it really looks like a small mal-function in cog from my point of view

Best regards
fidel

While I agree that every other application maximizes the window when clicking its Dock icon I found a nice workaround for Cog. You can just close the main window of Cog instead of minimalizing it and then when you click the Dock icon the window appears again. That's how I use it and had no problem at all.