Topic: File Name/File Path column

Why i do use Cog and not Play or iTunes?
One reason is library-based players slowing down my work with music files.
I really appreciate the good work visible in that latest Cog release, but:

Why am i bound to display tracks by their tags only and not their filenames??

Ever put a bunch of untagged files into the player?? Yeah, which is which, then, if i cannot display the filenames anymore, just like i could in former Cog releases???

You could make it optional to read the tags in the first place, or you could just add a column for filename display, couldn't you?

Thanks a lot!

Re: File Name/File Path column

If a file has no tags, the filename will appear in the "Title" column. If you don't want tags to be read at all, you can also disable to TagLib plugin.

This has been added. The column "File path" is hidden by default, as it really isn't a looker smile Just right click the columns to enable it. Hopefully it'll be useful.

Last edited by remain (2008-02-18 00:40:26)

All good points, fixes in SVN now.

Path column has been fixed, now displays like "~/Music/Cake and Candles/01 - Lovey dovey.mp3". Added Filename column, which simply displays the last part, "01 - Lovey dovey.mp3".

How do the foreign characters look now?

Unfortunately, I'll only be able to know when the next nightly is up.

I've never managed to build Cog. (Sad, I know.)

I believe I tried long, long ago before Vincent set up the nightly builds, but I couldn't get it to work.

Then when Vincent started uploading the nightlies, well, I stopped trying. ;p

I did however once build Adium, though it was by following their instructions, not by figuring it out myself.

If you're patient enough to give me the precise instructions to build from SVN, then go ahead. (Only if you want to though; I don't really need it.)

svn co https://cogosx.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cogosx/trunk/cog cog

Last edited by matthewleon (2008-02-18 11:34:39)

Build failed (1 error).

Building target

Strange. It should build on ppc. That file doesn't even exist on my intel mac...my ppc mac is out of service at the moment (warranty just ended a couple months ago and it's already busted!) so I'm not much help. I'll fire off a manual "nightly".