Topic: Language support not working (Russian)

Re: Language support not working (Russian)

do those same files load fine in other music players?

if the tags appear correctly in, say, iTunes then it's a Cog problem but if they turn up as gibberish in iTunes as well then I'd say that your songs aren't tagged correctly.

Cog assumes UTF8 encoding. I'm not sure if taglib does some conversion based on the encoding specified in the id3 tag or not, but it looks like it doesn't. I'll look into it some more.

Last edited by MAG (2009-02-28 04:30:30)

If you could send an example song to me, that would help greatly. Do you know what kind of tags/encoding these files are using?

Time permitting, i'll make a patch to fix this. Luckily TagLib provides a way to hack it, only a single modification to framework itself to make some more internals accessible...
The only thing unclear is where to put encoding selection in preferences and what it should be like.

Update: for now i have fixed id3v1 (with hardcoded encoding yet)
but problem is that supplied file has ID3v2 tag with text in cp1251, but stated as Latin1 (id3v2 has bit for encoding - either latin1 or unicode) and TagLib does not provide a walkaround for this case, assuming that id3v2 standard is obeyed...
Origin of that file must be some old winamp with its dummy "Copy Id3v1 to id3v2"...

Last edited by sergei-che (2009-10-17 04:15:27)

excuse me for previous post - it is itunes 9.0 fault!.. sad
he mess tags in my library
thank you for your attention..