I like this quite a bit, particularly for the album artwork location.

(20 replies, posted in Features)

I also use Musorg and think its the best way to, currently, edit ID3 tags in OS X.  The only complaint I have about it is the fact that it doesn't display the Year field unless you go into the tag editor itself.

(15 replies, posted in Features)

I suppose the next question in this scenario would be, how does Cog perceive an album to be a album?
Does it assume all files in a folder to be an album? (or assume all sub folders of a user defined directory location in preferences)
Does it see any files listed in a playlist file to be an album?
Or does it look at ID3 tag info and group by the Album field?  (assuming id3 tag info is correctly inputed)

A feature I would love to see in Cog (and one that I've never seen but always wanted in players for OS X, Windows, Linux) is the ability to create a "playlist of playlists."

A specific example being that one could queue up a entire playlist of full albums and be able to play these albums in random order (while not randomizing the tracks in each album or individual playlist).

One possible solution for this is to have each album folder contain it's own PLS/M3U file, with the ability to "queue up" as many of these user made playlists as one wants, and then play the playlists in sequential or random order. 

On a personal note, I am glad there is something like Cog available for OS X.  It seems the mac community relies far too much on iTunes and I'm far too 'old school' to like anything other than a media player with file/directory based navigation.